Question
Posted by: Saphire Rose | 2007/05/12

Anger Management Classes / Therapy CT

Good day folks out there, I have a problem with controlling my anger. It is threatening my relationship and my guy is suggesting that I seek professional help. It seems that a self-help book is not the route for me, I would possibly need either single or group sessions. I find it hard to stick to the exercises and I think there are some deeper issues involved, which may require some therapy of sorts. I cannot continue like this, my outbursts are happening more frequently, and the "triggers" are becoming smaller and smaller... I can get angry to the point where I'm "seeing red" within seconds of now merely not getting my way in just about anything. I am fine during the day at work, but in personal relationships I am out of hand. My family and loved ones do not deserve this treatment, and I sincerely want to gain control over this emotion. Please let me know if you know of any institutions or places I can call. Thanks.

I really doubt the value of the over-priced CLASSES, which cannot offer the direct and personal care of a therapis, and seem to be often run by people selling cliches, and not experienced or noted therapists as such. CBT is the style of therapy most likely to be useful for you. Some medications can help as well, rather than ninstead of such CBT therap( number on this page ) lists many therapists including those providing CBT