Question
Posted by: timebomb | 2006/10/30

Anger management

How do I go about finding a therapist/psychologist who could help me control my anger? This is something that only seems to have developed since my divorce and is affecting my new marriage - so I really am quite desperate to find help.
I at first put it down to all the stress related to the changes in my life - but I think that excuse is now dated and I really DO have a problem. HELP, I sometimes feel as though I have having a stroke - or at the very least going to lose the top half of my head....and all this due to not being able to control myself.

Any competent psychologist ought to be able to help you with this. I prefer a realistic, down-to-earth CBT (COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) approach. Realise that few shrinks specialize entirely in one sub-field like Anger Management ( and I'd be a bit suspicious if one did ) --- (a) there are unlikely to be enough people needing that specific form of help to keep them busy, and (b) it gets terri bly boring dealing with the same basic problem all day every day.

2
Posted by: Time bomb | 2006/10/31

Well, if I could give you a 1 word answer I would - but can't!
When I get angry I usually think that the world is inhabited by mindless morons.......and usually manage to make that known!!
Not too well balanced, methinks!

Reply to Time bomb
Posted by: Gordon | 2006/10/30

Spill the beans. What makes you angry?

Reply to Gordon