Question
Posted by: Noels | 2004/10/12

Anger Management

When my boyfriend and I have a bad arguement, I lose all control. I scream, swear, throw things at him and even attack him. When I calm down I start crying and feel terrible about what Id done. Last night we had another major fight, I ended up hitting him with a plate - it broke in my hands cutting me. I do not know how to control my anger and Im afraid that its going to ruin my ralationship. My previous 2 serious relationships had been abusive - both emotional as well as physical. Ive never had counselling or been treated for anger / depression.

Noels, sounds like you have a problem with anger management, an could do with help from a psychiatrist / psychologist to understand this btter and to gain better control of it. What you are describing, are abusive behaviours by you, and the fact that you recognize that these ae inappropriate and need to be curbed, is an important first step towards dealing with them. People who have themselves been abused may indeed act abusively themselves, but this can be much helped by working with a shrink for counseling. It's well worth it.