Posted by: minimoe | 2004/11/18


Hametoma(excuse spelling) I recently had an angeogram where a
balloon was pushed through the heart which did not work as the artery is too narrow,at the same time a stent was placed in the artery to R/ kidney to increase bloodflow as artery was narrowed.Every thing was fine until 3 days later I developed a hametoma (clot) the size of a tennis ball the groin. it has not gotten any smaller is painfull and tender on touch. I am diabetic and had a Heart bypass 6 yrs ago what can I do about the clot

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Minimoe, the best you can do is to leave the haematoma alone and make sure that it doesn’t become infected. If it if it increases in size or becomes red and/or hot, the best would be to see your doctor ASAP. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.