Question
Posted by: Susie | 2008/05/27

Angeliq HT

Hi Doc,

I am very confused about hormone treatment. I have been taking Angeliq for 3 months. The first 2 months things went quite well. But during the 3rd month the bleeding would not stop. So my GP gave me another hormone (don't remember the name but starts with a P) to take with the Angeliq, to stop the bleeding. It did stop the bleeding but it made me have awful side effects.

So now I have stopped taking both hormone pills. However now I feel very tense and anxious all day long. Also my heart is pounding like a drum. All this is making me very moody. Will this go away in time?

I did not have these problems before taking Angeliq, although my hormone levels were very low then. I don't know what to do now. To use HT or to just go through menopause naturally. I would prefer the natural way - but my doc. insists on HT. I am almost 52.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a gynaecologist, to have the necessary blood tests and hormone level tests done. He/she will then be able to decide what the best treatment will be to treat your menopause. Please remember that you still need to go for annual pap smears.

Kind regards