Posted by: Lindi Van In | 2011/05/13


Hi there

My Dad had an aneurism on the 6th May this year and is 72 years old. There is an extensive bleeding and he is currently in a coma. He is currently at the Milpark hospital. According to the neurologiost he had a stage / class 4 anuerism. Can you give me the best and worse case scenario''s should he wake up and why do we have to wait 21 days before the doctors can do anything because when we spoke to him he said all they can do now is support him until he wakes up or until the end of the 21 days. Please can you help. I know I should be speaking to his neurlogist but I cannot get hold of the man and when he does his rounds I am either picking up my kids or at work and when we do catch him we are lucky if we get 2 minutes of his time because we get told he has a family. Please assist me here.



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


A large bleed after a ruptured aneurism has a very poor prognosis. Unfortunately, you will have to be patient an wait to see if he wakes up. There will be a good reason for the neurosurgeon not operating. It is possible that there is severe swelling and this can complicate an operation.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.