Question
Posted by: Neville | 2008/01/30

Anemia

Our Dr. says my wife who is 17 weeks pregnant is anaemic. Her Haemoglobin count is less than 10. What should the normal count for a pregnant women aged 31 be and what would she be able to use to correct this whilst she is pregnant?

Her Hb should be around 12. Iron tablets will correct the anaemia.

3
Posted by: jimmy | 2009/04/01

hi,
I' ve recently had a peptic ulcer problem and my hb count was 6. I am on medication - Gulf Ferrous Sulphate Compound Tablets and Blackstrap Molasses and Glucophage, My bloodsugar is 11.7 and my bloodpressure 95. Could you please advise if above mentioned medication is sufficient or advise an alternative. (Diet consists of fresh fruit and vegetables.

JimmyCoombes

Reply to jimmy
Posted by: j j | 2008/05/22

I have an elderly friend approaching 70 who has a problem, with anemia. she has been having regular H B tests which read 11.5 , we would like to know what is the normal reading and what is considered, high or low,
and normal. How often should she have this test. Her HB has been as low as 6 when she was given a blood tranfussion.

Reply to j j
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/30

Normal HB count for women is 12-14. So its just low, she just needs some iron supplpements and it should get it up again. I dont know for pregnant women though... sorry. I am also aneamic, have been for 7 years. Best iron for pregnant women though is Ferrimed.

Reply to LL