Question
Posted by: Dulce | 2007/02/23

anemia

Please could you advise though for years doctors have been telling me I am anemic. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with severe anemia I was in hospital for 7 day where they pumped iron into me and have been taking iron tablets for as long as I can remember.

In the last year I feel my health has deteriorated. I can no longer go for long walks, I cannot do rock climbing as i struggle to breath after less than 5 minutes doing what I enjoy a little excersise.
About 3 weeks ago, we were out and I had a hard climb and walk back and this was the worst I have ever felt. My head felt like it was going to explode, my lungs were on fire and about 5 minutes after I had sat down to rest my chest felt like it was on fire and it hurt for a good 3 to 4 hours. Most of the times I am weak and extremely tired, lack of concentration, memory loss, shortness of breath even to do a flight of stairs, my heart feels as thought it is going to run out of my chest that is how fast it goes.

I am deeply concerned as I know it has gotten worse and yet doctors cannot tell me what is causing it or what I can do to cure it or make it better.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

is your blood test showing an improvement in your iron levels ?

Dr Debbie