Question
Posted by: Zikky | 2005/12/05

anemia

Hi, my nose bleeds, I get bruised easily sometimes I just wake up with brusises on my skin, does this sound like anemia, where can I do tests to check if I do have it

Expert ImagePharmacist

Z,

Your symptoms may have many causes and I'm not the correct person to ask for an diagnosis. Refer your question to cyberdoc or if possible, consult your doctor for a proper diagnosis.
In general - Aemia is a condition with decreased red blood cells, too few white blood cells is leukopenia, and too few platelets is thrombocytopenia. Anemia causes fatigue, weakness, and paleness; Leukopenia causes increased susceptibility to infection and thrombocytopenia causes easy bruising and bleeding.