Question
Posted by: Teddy | 2005/12/11

Androcur problem, PLEASE HELP!<br>

I have been on androcur for over 4 years now, and if one uses it for a long time, it begins to slow your metabolism down, which it has done to me. Im not sure when im going off it tho, but would like something or some other strategy to losing weight to counteract these effects. ( im on weight watchers and i jog regularly, but losing weight is extreamly difficult for me.)
Please help me!!

Dear Teddy
Here is the answer I posted for you on 10 December 2005: There is no scientific proof that drinking lemon juice will assist weight loss. Your slight weight loss may be due to the Androcur as male hormones tend to have a so-called anabolic effect. Depending on how much weight you need to lose you can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). The very best way of stimulating metabolism is to do regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day. Rather leave slimming pills and potions alone.