Question
Posted by: t1 | 2007/03/29

Anal tear

Hope doc can help. I have started gym recently, and cycle for about 20 min a day. Problem is the long sit on the rather uncomfortable seat has brought about a tear in my spinchter. This happened about 3 weeks back, and is not healing by itself. I tried not going to gym this week, and it helps, but every morning with my bathroom routine, the passing of a stool tears the skin again. It is extremely painfull ( how do you gay guys manage...?)

I am worried because it has been so long now. Can I take something to make my stool runny, so it won't tear the skin?

Dear T1
Yes try taking Duphalac syrup 10-15 ml daily - will keep the stool soft and give the sphincter time to heal - put a bit of Anusol or scheriproct ointment on as well. If this does not help, you may need to see your GP.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/29

You can use Fybogel sachets for constipation on a daily basis without any problem (OTC). Try either Scheriproct ointment or suppositories or Proctosedyl ointment. You need a script for all of these.

Reply to anxious