Our expert says:
No, when condoms are used from beginning to end, you are practising safer sex:
Just remember that having anal sex without a condom, also called "natural sex" or "raw sex" and lately known as "barebacking" is HIGH - RISK for HIV transmission and is considered to eb the most risky of all sexual activites.
To lower the risk of infections for anal sex:
* Use a latex condom, preferably extra-strength, that has not expired
* Use a lot of water-based lubrication with a latex condom. Brand names include Astroglide, ForPlay or KY Jelly
* NEVER use oil-based lubrication like Vaseline, butter, vegetable oil, hair conditioner, handlotion with a latex condom.
* Check periodically to make sure that the condom has not torn or slipped off during intercourse. Add more lubrication.
* Put a condom on before touching someones anus with your penis.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.