Posted by: Bella | 2008/07/08

Anal douche

Can someone explain how to use an anal douche? Must you be in certian position to get fluid deeper and how does it work? Blush feel a bit silly so please don't flame me.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Bella, welcome here and thanks for posting.

Douching is a somewhat controversial topic. Your rectum is generally clear of fecal matter and there is usually no need to douche; if you're worried about being clean insert a lubed finger for a "test run" to give yourself permission to relax. Remember that the average penis is only 16 cm long. However, many people have anxiety about being clean and douching then becomes necessary but it is imperative that you shower or bath after douching. Be wary of inserting a hard nozzle - this could scratch the delicate rectal mucosal lining, allowing an easy entry-point for the HIV virus - but I take it you're planning to practice safer sex anyway. Always use body-temperature water and don't add soap or salt to the douche solution.

Posted by: Bella | 2008/07/15

Thanks to all and especially expert for advice. Yes in long term relationship so safe sex not an issue. Just keen to try new things but yukky mess puts me off.

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Bella | 2008/07/09

Thank you Bollie for the advice.

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Bollie | 2008/07/09

I'd go for the toilet when it comes to the pushing out part...

That's how I do it normally

Reply to Bollie
Posted by: Bella | 2008/07/09

Yuk... thanks for reply Des .....

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Des | 2008/07/08

Squad in the shower, stick the nozzel in, SHOOT the liquid in and then push it all out, make sure the shower is RUNNING you dont want to be sitting in bits and pieces of 'things' repeat until liquid starts to come out of you clean. heehee my 2 cents worth....

Reply to Des