Posted by: Bren | 2008/08/07


Hi there

i am just curious, i know this is quite descriptive so please bare wtih me.

Everytime i go to the loo to have a number 2 i bleed also it is quite sore when i am busy pushing my number two, its not alot of blood, its bright red but the pain can get a bit bad at times. i do engage in anal sex with my bf who is quite large, do i have Hemeroids???

P.S. Where would i find a directory of gay friendly male doctors?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hey Bren and thanks for your post.

You certainly need to see a doctor. There is no such thing as a 'directory' of gay-friendly doctors - ANY doctor is able to manage a bleeding ass.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/08/08

Definitely piles, talking from personal experience. I' ve had 2 operations already - not serious, quite a small procedure. Bleeding piles are reason for concern though, and you really should see a doctor asap. If you think the pain you have now is bad... I' ve also left it for far too long, because of being to ashamed to speak to a doctor, and believe me, it is the worst pain I have ever been in my life, because it got so bad. But don' t let me scare you, mine was an extreme case, the point is just to get you to get medical help before it becomes too bad. And don' t be scared to go to any doctor. All it really is is swolllen blood vessels that gets blocked. And it is not caused by anal sex - although if you do have it the anal sex can aggrevate them. So you do not have to see a gay doctor, they deal with this every day. In fact I think something like one out of 4 people has it to some degree. But yours sounds a bit more serious. It is caused by constipation, or even diahrea sometimes, straining (a lot of pregnant woman get it from pushing while giving birth, wrong diet, not enough water, and especially stress.
There are various ointments and stuff over the counter available, but in my experience none worked. the ones that came closest was the prescription stuff. Please do not leave this, believe me, you' ll be sorry you did. Make an appontment with your doctor, swallow your embarrasment and get the right treatment. If it is not serious, sometimes a small procedure is done, putting elastic bands around them ant they " fall off"  in a few weeks. No pain at all.

Reply to Anon2
Posted by: Jamie | 2008/08/08

Are there over-the-counter medications for piles (that are not harmful if the condition turns out not to be piles)?? What is a good ...erm brand to ask for?

Reply to Jamie
Posted by: anon | 2008/08/07

def. sounds like piles... lots of info on the net, i read spirulina is good which i have been taking and no more bleeding (besides also not getting any cold or flu this winter) so there must be some merit in spirulina.... also don' t take a book to the loo with you, get in, get out, don' t strain ......go back later if you have to.... i did not want to do the doctor route and this has worked for me. i have also read that medical help is the only option.......

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.