Question
Posted by: Vanessa | 2007/04/03

Anaesthesia

Hi - this is not a question but what happened to me with my anaesthetic a week ago.
I have chronic asthma and was nebulising and my specialist/physian had a "fit" to hear that I was doing this a week before surgery and the anaesthetist said it was the best thing to as I was extremely nervous and this kept my lungs open.
I cam through the anaestethic fine and obviously I never saw or heard from my specialist who was supposed to be there for a patient with crhonic asthma!
I found this very interesting as my specialist had spoken to me the day before the surgery and told me what a bad risk I was etc. This certainly makes me believe more in my GP - on whose instructions I was following to nebulise and not the specialist who really upset me which obviously (with being nervous about surgery) made my breathing even harder!!

Hi Vanessa
Just to show that even a doctor should stick to his/her area of expertise! GP's aren't as dumb as specialists sometimes think we are...
Glad you came through fine!