Question
Posted by: do | 2004/11/12

Anaemic

I"m 34 yrs old and I was diognsed as aneamic about 2 years ago. I've been on iron supplements (Ferrimed) eversince. I just want to know if it is safe for me to be pregnant while this problem is not yet sorted? Will this cause complications during pregnancy?

I agree with Dr Anonymous.

1
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

I presume that your diagnosis was "iron intake deficiecy anaemia" & not one of the Thalassaemia disorders.

If your Hb is 10-12 or more then it should be ok, provided you are cautious & continue almost double dose of iron folate & vit c intake.(which your gynae will prescribe)/

Also you will be advanced in your age which may make the pregnancy all the more comlicated.

Reply to dr anonymous