Question
Posted by: Danny-girl | 2004/10/06

An very old dear friend

I met this guy 6 years ago we've been through a lot. He has been married (for the 4th time) in this period I had the "big" love in my life during this time and we've always just remained friends. Gone out a lot, cried a lot, got pissed a lot, dated each others friends etc. Never, ever even a kiss just hallo and goodbye kisses yes we've joked when we've had nobody in our lives maybe we should "service" each other.

I've visited him on his game farm and our kids get along fine. His mom once said to me that if the 2 of us would "just wake up" we'll have it all. But the "spark" is not there. He's a strawberry blond and I'm a redhead : we'll kill each other!!!! We've even babysitted each other's children when dating, funny hey that a man and woman can be such friends?

We've always been there for each other, really we have, we are very comfortable together.... Swimming naked or me bathing and him bringing me a drink in the bath is not something funny between us (think weird if you want to) we are like girlfriends or guy friend if you understand what I meen.

We actually talked one day talked about it and said yes when I'm ready for him he's not ready for me - in a joke...

Sooo this morning I got the following sms:

If I knew this was my last day, last sms, last inhale, last smile, last words, I would want u 2 know how special u r to me.

and then another one

You've always been so good to me, you've always been there, I've now realized that you're what I'm living for. And even though I know I love you, lately it seems I love you more. EK HET JOU LIEF EN EK MIS JOU.......

I phoned him and asked him "are you mad" ? "Is this meant for somebody else" and he replied by saying "no it's meant for you how do you feel" I said "like running" he said "to me" ? I said "no away" and we laughed and he said "but you know I love you", I said "yes sure I love you to but" and well we sort of laughed and left it there.

What now ?

,,,,,

13
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/06

Oh my gosh...that is so sweet...
Danny Girl....Don't miss this one....
Good guys are hard to find....

Don't be stupid....

Reply to Tori
Posted by: garfield | 2004/10/06

CP Mom --- go for it

Reply to garfield
Posted by: Paul | 2004/10/06

This is completely your decision on what to do, though I suggest you use common sense and caution.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Emma | 2004/10/06

Speaking for myself I don't trust any men any more. You said in your posting "you feel like running" I wish I had listernd to my "inner voice" before now.

Good luck with what ever the out come is!

Reply to Emma
Posted by: Cookie | 2004/10/06

I recon why not give it a chance... why are you still here ??

perhaps you could give it a try, you said that you are very good friends... I've read somewhere that if something starts with a friendship it turns into love ?? perhaps what do I know ??

I've been hurt myself but I recon what do you have to loose !!! I'm still young but give it a try !!!

Reply to Cookie
Posted by: Danny-girl | 2004/10/06

He's asked me to come to the game farm in Rustenburg this weekend.....

Reply to Danny-girl
Posted by: meisie | 2004/10/06

Damn you Danny-girl, you know you are so lucky please go for it, and i would like an update on this even if it can be after a day or a week. i cant wait.

good luck and enjoy life with your "strawberry blonde"

Reply to meisie
Posted by: Danny-girl | 2004/10/06

Lila - I was so shocked! I really DID think that it was meant for someone else... ha ha

BUT we've always just had a good friendship or so I thought, maybe I was just the one who always thought of him as a friend ? maybe he's been waiting with his mom for me to "wake up"

He did ask me early this morning how's the love life and I said non existant....

Reply to Danny-girl
Posted by: Lila | 2004/10/06

Babe, you know as well as I do what kind of men are out there... the good ones are really few and far between... REALLY few and far between.... maar nou ja, its your decision, but damn it must have made your day to hear such wonderful things!

Reply to Lila
Posted by: Q | 2004/10/06

Girl if u where in my shoes right now you to would have wanted to slap you silly!!!! Dont wake up oneday and find out that you missed out on the most wanderfull person in your life, read what you said and then see what i see, YOU LOVE HIM TO AS HE LOVES YOU!!!!

Reply to Q
Posted by: Danny-girl | 2004/10/06

But I don't know how I feel hmmm

Reply to Danny-girl
Posted by: Orie | 2004/10/06

I think this is so sweet !

Reply to Orie
Posted by: Expert | 2004/10/06

I think it is wonderful! I would absolutely love something like this to happen to me!!!!

Reply to Expert