Question
Posted by: Kiki | 2007/05/22

Am i training enough

I am a 23 year old female. My height is 155cm and my weights are around 53kg. I am currently do cardio 3 times a week for 45min and weights twice a week for 45 min. Please can you let me know if this in enough for me to lose weight, tone up and build muscle?

Hi Kiki

It depends, no one can tell someone if they are doing enough, because everyone is different. The only way to know is to give it time and see what happens. It certainly sounds reasonable and you have cardio and weights in there, so that's good, but the big questions are what is your diet doing and how hard do you train? Diet is key, because a lot of people just eat so badly that no amount of exercise will help them lose weight, and then what sometimes happens is that as soon as people start training, they eat more and it just cancels out what they did before. So I would definitely look at that, because it's important for your success.

Also, just remember that you are not overweight. In fact, at 53 kg, people will be asking why you want to lose weight to begin with. You may have some to lose, sure, and I'm not saying you should not try, but you have to realise that you don't have that much to lose and so it may prove difficult to lose this weight. Whereas somone who weighs 100 kg could easily go down to 90 kg, for you to go down to 50 kg is quite difficult. So be patient, train only to get fitter and then weight will take care of itself.

Ross