Question
Posted by: Heriett | 2004/10/15

am i the same person????????

Hi Doc, plaese help me here:

i grew up in a christian family where we used to go to church everyday, even when i wa son my teen i was to go to church no matter what. my parents were very strict in such a way that they never allowed me to have friends saying that friends will mislead me.

i went to varsity and experienced life there, i started having affiais as the out side world changed me , i felt like having freedom is good unlike staying at home where you get rules and regulations a sto do this don't do that,
i
i garduated an dgot my job where i'm being paid a good salary. mind you i' m a christian. so god also blessed me with a hubby who love s me so dearly we got married this year after engaging for a month but i've known my hubby for two years we met at a wedding somehwere.

so what make sme to differ from before, is that i no longer want to go to church, i hate other christians whom i loved before, i no longre tithe to god who gave me JOB AND A GOOD HUBBY, my hubby love sgod so much that he even tithe every month, but for myself since i got married i care less about other people,

what suprises me is that poeople loves me a lot and also visits me at home.

what happened to me where di things go wrong, i still love god but i'm failing to go church every sunday,

i have a good hubby who does'nt force me to do things he loves me no matter i do right or wrong i mean by mistake, our marriage is really a blessing.

please help me to go back to where i stopped but how???//

Not quite my area of expertise, but, within your faith, it seems to be that there are lots of people I'd call a Churchian, and not many who could truly be called Christians. Churchians focus everything upon Going to Church, the hymns, the way they dress up, who sees them there, and so on. Christians, whether or not they go to church, believe sincerely in their faith, and practice its tenets, especially about charity and goodwill towards others.
And kids who grow up in Churchians, may find it hard to be Christians. I suspect there are similar situations in other faiths.

5
Posted by: TW | 2004/10/18

Hey there...
I agree with "always be positive" you need to take one step at a time...

Dont let the way of people/world influence you otherwise you will drift away and become someone you dont like. I think the people above have been hurt or seen people who say they are christians who really arent and give chirstians a bad name.

You know if your heart that something is missing thats why you are asking this question. Listen to your heart (to God) speaking to you and turn back towards him. Those who say you dont need to go to church ect - they havent a clue...
How can you expect to grow and learn about God if you stay at home or wonder around this earth being fed the wrong things. You will soon fall away to your sinful nature...

The choice is yours :-) hope you make the right one!

Reply to TW
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/15

I tend to agree with mumbles here ..i have long fought a war with myself about religion .... I call it organised religion , now my ex hubby who mentaly abused me and his kids for 14 yrs and left me with a heroin addict to clean up ,a traumatised daughter to help and maintenance arrears to the tune of a 1/4 mil calls himself a christian goes to church and tells me im going to hell.

I dont go to church , i treasure each and every ones of gods creations , i believe in God , but i also believe that he gave us all a evry good brain for us to use ..... and to use responsibly , he has allowed us to be able to make choices .. and he is there to guide us.

I dont believe in religion I believe in acknowleding our creator and using the gifts he gave us wisely and well.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: mumbles | 2004/10/15

You are facing with one of the fundamental problems with Christianity.
You see God did not give you the JOB AND A GOOD HUBBY like you said, you did that your self he is not there to give you staff he is there simply to guide you along the journey of life. It is the human kind that has twisted religion to their own version of things including your parents.
And do not wary or fill guilty for not going to church just consider this little fact. Dead see scrolls contained a script in which it said, “God is all around you he is not made of stone or wood” the Vatican denies the scroll exists but the scholar who did the translation does not.
What that means is you do not need to go to church to speak to god church is man made.
Christ was fighting for all kinds of people to be able to worship because in older times only the reach where able to do that. They were not even aloud to read it not even hold it in their hands.

Reply to mumbles
Posted by: Heriett | 2004/10/15

to always be positive,

thanx a million, i gues i'll have to start as from today to do the right things and take a new step!!!!!!

god bless

Reply to Heriett
Posted by: always be positive | 2004/10/15

We all go through phases in our lives,esp in our young years, experimenting etc etc... I am a christian too and can tell you that. Because we live in a sinful world we are naturally drawn to sinful things that will draw us away form God...

You just need to start taking small steps in your life one day at a time towards God and soon you'll see a change in our life.
Try make a point to go to chuch every Sunday even if you dont really feel like it,try a new fresh church purhaps... one way which really encourages me is to join a cell group and make some aweosme friendships there and a time to draw closer to God too. Since you are feeling that something is not right, Its God gently saying to you watch out before its to late. He cares for you and wants to bless you more and more...

You will also start to notice that your marriage will blossom incredibly when you start putting God first. I encourage you to give it a try and start praying for God to help you in areas in which you struggle. Its as easy as that :)

Reply to always be positive