Question
Posted by: Dittohead | 2006/04/19

Am I the only one that hates Jerry Springer?

Perhaps I am a prude but I have the following thoughts about Jerry Springer and his show.
Quite recently he said to the media that he has only just recently realised that his show is trash. Geez, but that guy is full of trash himself. After every person in his path telling him for years that it's trash he would get a clue already. Of course he knows it's trash! But being the moneymaker that he is he doesnt give a damn about who gets hurt as long as his back pocket is real full.
And hurt he does aplenty, while people are basically so desperate for help that they are willing to be embarrassed like that is just so sad. Jerry Springer just knows they will do anything and he loves it. Sadly some people confuse pleasure wih pain and that can definatley be said for some of the people put on his show. I find his show completely barbaric and I cannot understand why the audienc chips in at the end to ridicule and degrade the participants of the show. They are only degrading themselves and showing how insanely stupid they really are. Jerry Springer laps up every opportunity to throw in a gag at one of the people on the show, he gets such a kick out of it and then they shout Jerry! Jerry! because birds of a feather flock together I suppose. Just like if there are homophobic rap stars there will be bird brained fans with the same thoughts ready to praise him.
The worst part of the show is to see all the members of the audience wanting to humiliate or even try and come to blows with the people on stage struggling to come to terms with their own problems. I swear the people in the audience are more braindead than the people on stage.
Then if we look at the other angle some people say the show is good because we need to know there are people like this in the world. Sure. But why do we need.them to be riped off like they need it or deserve it. Yes, some of the things the people presented on the show do are not good but does ripping them off really help them with anything? Calling them ugly and whores isnt gonna solve anything!
The show reminds me of how during old Shakespeare plays vegetables and fruit were thrown at bad performers.
Oh how we have not evolved!
Your thoughts?

Hello again ditt,
Do you hate Jerry Springer ? Or the Jerry Springer show ? By the way, there has been a brilliant and highly controversial musical in the UK, called "Jerry Springer : The Opera", which has been shown on UK TV --- I'd like to see that one !
The show does seem to gather ugly and unhappy people, and to encourage them to degrade themselves in public --- and before an audience less kind than the Lions Versus Christians contests in the amphitheatres of Rome. I wonder that some other investigative TV team hasn't done a proper follow-up of the long-term impact of appearing on the show, in the participants. Jerry manages some very witty comments, but always in a manner degrading and unkind to his "guests". I wonder why it is that the very ugliest women he gathers on the show seem to have such an insatiable urge for baring their breasts at the audience ? Is that included in the show auditions and script ?

2
Posted by: Tasja | 2006/04/20

I agree with you the Jerry Springer Show is trash. I use to laugh at the people that make such excuse the word ass of themselves and that on national TV. I personally think the people on that show has no self respect.

Reply to Tasja
Posted by: Tango | 2006/04/20

Its just show biz I guess. Once you have seen one show you have seen all the rest.

Reply to Tango