Question
Posted by: Garfield | 2006/04/21

Am I the only one re:cheating?

Hi all,

Geez, I have read so many posts on cheating - and what constitutesas cheating.

I don't consider myself in the least old fashioned or uptight, but if you kiss another person then it is cheating - oral sex aside!! If you are verbally sexual with someone other than your partner than it is cheating.

If you are eyeing up every Tom, Dick and Harry then it is disrespectful. If you are flirting outright with someone else, than it is also disrespectful and can lead to cheating.

... all of this is merely my oppinion, but really starting to question if my beliefs are outdated and unrealistic?
... What are the chances of me finding someone that is of a simlar school of thought to me in a world that seems obsessed with infidelity?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhh!!!!!

,,,,, I agree with kate and Tnink about it, IF the criterion relates to one's behaviour towards another person. Thus drinking, swearing etc, as it is not part of a relationship, may be problems, but not cheating

9
Posted by: slr | 2006/04/21

lots of men do stuff away from their wives that they do not do in front of them........I've seen it all : swearing, rude jokes, reading girly magazines....

according to you guys this is then also cheating

Reply to slr
Posted by: Kate | 2006/04/21

Why cant you tell rude jokes in front of your wife??

Reply to Kate
Posted by: slr | 2006/04/21

mmmm so telling extremely rude jokes while hanging out with your mates (things you would not do in front of your wife) is also cheating??

i think you guys have not defined cheating correctly....surely it is not EVERYTHING that you hide from your partner?

come on......let's get a better definition here

Reply to slr
Posted by: Cassy | 2006/04/21

I agree with Kate.

Reply to Cassy
Posted by: Think about it | 2006/04/21

Cheating means this - if you wouldn't do it in front of your partner, you are cheating!

Reply to Think about it
Posted by: Kate | 2006/04/21

I think cheating is behaving in a way (anyway) that you feel you need to hide from your partner.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: C | 2006/04/21

Whatever, id say you are old fashioned.
Looking at the opp sex or eyeing them out doesnt give you the right to class that as cheating.

The meanng of cheating is - have more than a friendship with someone else thats not your partner, doesnt necessarily mean sleeping with them. But its when you share yourself and your thoughts, your closeness and your ways, your time with someone other than your partner.

Explains why you still single, as I see it you are possesive and over protective and that makes people feel incaged. In that case you wont find that special person if you dont trust.Trust plays an important part of an relationship.

Reply to C
Posted by: Liz123 | 2006/04/21

I also agree with you

Reply to Liz123
Posted by: Kate | 2006/04/21

Agree 100%

Reply to Kate