Question
Posted by: NN | 2004/10/26

Am I the cause of my misscarriage?

I recently started bleeding badly and then went to the doctor to find out that I was pregnant and having a miscarriage. I did not know I was pregnant. Yet the period that I was pregnant, I went out and partied all night, I drank myself into a state. Also took some illegal subsatnces. Could this have caused me to have a miscarriage? If I knew I was pregant then I would not have done all the above things I have mentioned.

It would be very hard to know whether the drinking and substance abuse caused the miscarriages, as spontaneous miscarriages are very common. You should not blame yourself though and try to put it behind you.

6
Posted by: Lizette | 2004/10/26

Maybe you were not ready to become a mother. Partying and motherhood do not mix. It is difficult to say what caused your miscarriage.

Reply to Lizette
Posted by: lollyxxx | 2004/10/26

It happened dear and try to move on. It's not going to be an easy road but atleast try and conctrate on your future and like Twink mentioned. Learn from your mistakes. Let this be a lesson to you.

Hope you get lots of love for the future

Reply to lollyxxx
Posted by: aqq | 2004/10/26

It may not have been the cause but it was best that you did as the baby could have been severely damaged from the alchol etc.

Reply to aqq
Posted by: Ang22 | 2004/10/26

Hi NN

Im not going to go on about things you should and shouldn’t do while pregie,
Im sure you are doing the guilt trip thing all by yourself
BUT I do want to make things lighter for you in the sense that I too had a miss a while ago and I believe that everything happens for a reason ! so I figure that if it was not meant to be it wont be ! think of it in that way It wasn’t the right time for your baby as with mine at the time !! I’m pregnant again and this time its different !
take it easy and try not to blame yourself too much its not good for you as a person or for your self esteem !

Good luck !!
You time will come!!

Reply to Ang22
Posted by: twink | 2004/10/26

Learn from your mistakes! there is always something good out of everything bad that happens to us - maybe this was an eye opener for you to see that you must take a good look at your lifestyle. I believe everything happens for a reaseon - maybe you will find that reason deep with in yourself - good luck!

Reply to twink
Posted by: fs | 2004/10/26

Nobody need critisise her please just facts we dont need bitchyness - I am sure she is well aware now that she shouldnt have been so irresponsible etc etc.

Reply to fs