Question
Posted by: Trudie | 2004/11/04

AM I TAKING THE CORRECT VITAMINS?

Due to certain illnesses which runs in my family I am taking vitamins in order to try and prevent me from getting these deseases. However, I am not sure if these vitamins may be taken together and if they are in deed of any use. I list below the vitamins I currently take:

Centrum - Just as a multivitamin supplement
Caltrate Plus - Prevention of Osteoporosis
Salmon Oil 1000 - I have high cholestrol and a faulty heart valve
Primrose Evening Oil - I have dry skin and weak nails
Procydin - To prevent cancer (both parents had cancer)
Zinplex - Weak nails

In addition I take Lily Floxitine as I suffer from mild anxiety from time to time.

I would really appreciate your input as I would like to know for sure that the above does not coincide with each other and that what I am taking does in deed help.

Thanking
Trudie Fouche

Expert ImagePharmacist

Trudie,

I'd suggest taking only the Evening primrose oil (should also help for cholesterol), Centrum, Caltrate and procydin. As far as I'm concerned it should not affect you Fluoxetine. For more info you can consult the naturopath.