Question
Posted by: Anno | 2008/01/22

Am I selfish

I've got a problem I stayed with my sis 49 and brother 53 (older than me) niece and my daugher. My sis is working and my brother is not working. My problem is that I am the one who is doing everything in that house from groc -elect. I renovated my place and both my sis and brother did not help me. Sometimes I get furious because when I was not working I was staying alone and now I don't even have space to breath, I really don't know what to do, sometimes I am thinking to go and find a place to stay just to be alone. Can you please tell me guys Am I selfish or what/

No, you're not selfish. And the others are probably not planning to be selfish, but more likely not realizing the extent to which they are imposing on you. Have a calm, sit-down family discussion, about how you feel, and explore alternative arrangements, fairer to you, and perhaps also to some others. WHy not find a place of your own ?

2
Posted by: John | 2008/01/22

DD, the CS won't see your post as once he replies he does not go back to the same message.

Post your message in a new, fresh post.

Since you already understand what you need to do and have an understanding of what is stopping you from doing it, I recommend some shrinking to help build your confidence.

Reply to John
Posted by: DD | 2008/01/22

CS So many times you advise sitting down and calmly discussing something with family or parters. Which is right.I find I'm unable to do this and even writing makes me feel terrible , maybe it's an insecurity, a fear of hurting, losing, or being wrong, so I live with things they build up and build up until I burst or just bottle up and get resentful. I have problem with one of my parents and I know I should talk but feel it will hurt and I'm too soft.

Reply to DD