Question
Posted by: Berni | 2008/05/29

Am i regular

Hi my shrink seems to think its ok to see me once a month or every 6-7weeks but i feels i have no progress that way and feel abandoned after telling her my pain then she leaves me. It actually screws with my head. How often should i see my therapist?

There's no general rule about how often one should see a therapist, and it depends on a great many factors, including the nature of your illness or problems, their severity, the stage of therapy, the methods used, and so on. As you may know, other than Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy which has very good research evidence of its effectiveness, I am deeply sceptical about therapists using any other method, and analytic methods are worse than useless. If the treatment is primarily with medication, then once one is on a stable dose, that time interval might seem justifiable. But not if there is no real progress ( which calls for re-assessment and potential changes in therapy ) and there should be CBT as well, anyway, for maximum efficacy

1
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/29

once a week as far as i know. get a new one.

Reply to almost mad