Question
Posted by: zubaida | 2004/02/03

Am I pregnant?

Dear Doc
I am a mother of 2 healthy boys, aged 5 & 3. However, I am showing quite a few symptoms of pregancy, fatigue, weight, pimples (my normal symptoms). I am however on the pill, Triphasil, which I never miss but might take a bit late. What is the likelywood of me falling pregnant?

The Pill is more than 99% effective. Unless you have missed a period, I do not think that pregnancy should be a concern. The symptoms you describe are also common side effects of the Pill.

1
Posted by: ciska | 2004/02/04

The pil is only 99% safe. If you think that you might be, why don't you do a urine test? Symptoms that you have can also mean that your hormones are a bit out of balance. I had pregnancy symptoms, even more than you do now, but I wasn't. It was just my hormones.

Wait for your period and then do a urine test.

Good luck to you!

Reply to ciska