Question
Posted by: maryna | 2005/06/30

am i overweight

hi

i have doen the calculation on your site,and they tel me iam overweight,i just had a baby 5 months ago?

my weight is 72kg,i really wanna lose the extra kilos,PLEASE HELP ME.i dont have the determation,or will to do anything,i really will try,if someone will HELP ME?

thanks for this site?

anyone with advice?

have a lovely day
maryna

Dear Maryna
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Are you still breast feeding? if so, then you should not use a strict diet to lose that weight. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet. If you are still breast feeding add 2 cups of fat-free milk to the prescribed foods to ensure that you and baby are getting sufficient calcium. You can also start doing regular, but gentle exercise to improve weight loss, such as going for a walk with baby every day for 30 min. Exercise is a great motivational tool for people who need to lose weight. If you need additional motivation contact Mandy at mands@innertalk.co.za and ask about the Innertalk motivational tapes which may help you to stay focussed.