Question
Posted by: Katz | 2004/10/05

Am I overweight

I would like to find out am I overweight, as i am only 24 years old, weighing 60.09kg, and I am 162 in height, I have always been a 50kg and since i got married in April , I have been battling with this wieght problem , have been on diets and still have not lost all that kilos that i have put on.

please help health24.

Dear Reader
Your present BMI = 23,4 which is nicely within the normal range (18-25). You could try losing 3 kg to get down to 58 kg , which would give you an ideal BMI of 22. For such a limited weight loss you need only cut down a bit on fat and do 30 min of exercise a day (skip, walk, jog, cycle or join a gym).

3
Posted by: mik | 2004/10/09

forget about BMI,its not accurate.do yourself a favour , look at yourself in a mirror, feel tha way your clothes fit u,ask someone u trust to look and even measure your fat by pinchers.BMI does not take into consideration your body type.following BMI calculations strictly could be harmful mentally and physically , so use various methods .

Reply to mik
Posted by: aaaa | 2004/10/06

No you are not overweight - your BMI is 23 -if you loose 2kg you would be a perfect 22

Reply to aaaa
Posted by: b | 2004/10/05

well i am 23 and weigh 68 - and am far from overweight - i gym every day 45 minutes weight training - so you cant judge by what the scale says - are your clothes getting tight - how do you look - those are thing you must take into consideration not your weight - and if you are picking up weight just start eating properly and start going to gym

Reply to b