Question
Posted by: FM | 2007/05/07

Am I loosing my mind?

I want to seperate from my husband. The reasons range from being 2 totally different people, having no common goals or dreams, him neglecting our relationship, my having to live his life for the last 10years always coming 2nd in his life, I believed that he didn't love me and that it was just a marriage of conveinience and the list goes on and on. I know that I am at fault too, i don't want to stay in the town we are in, I started living for my kids, because there was nothing else to live for! I started seeing a shrink because I had hit rock bottom, I thought it was all my fault, that I wasn't good enough for him. When I told him I want to leave he couldn't believe it!! He said he has always loved me and he can't understand how I didn't know it!! I am still living in the house but we don't sleep in the same room. We went to 1 session of marraige councilling and I almost walked out and I couldn't go back, because I can't forgive him for making me feel like nothing, for making me feel like I've wasted ten years of my love and life on him. Thru out our marraige he has always trivialized my opinions and feelings and that's what led to the lack of communication in our relationship and now after I told how I felt and why I feel the way I do, he still does it!!!!! He says that he knows he didn't do the little things.........Those "little things" he is talking about are MAJOR things to me and now I feel like I'm the one over reacting!! This is now driving me up the wall because I doubt myself so much and I'm so confused about why I am at this point in my life.

No, you're not, though I understand that it may feel as though you are. You mention having seen a therapist yourself --- what happened ? It doesn't sound as though you can have finished those sessions or the work they needed to achieve. See a personal therapist to deal with these issues of self-esteem and self-confidence first, then, having claified in therapy what you want for the future and how you best could achieve that, plan how to do so