Posted by: **** | 2008/07/28

Am I just selfish?

Hi all

I really want to know that I' m doing the right thing before I do it, as my parents are constantly on my case about it. I love dogs and our family dog died a year ago and my fiance and I are getting married soon. We both work but love dogs and wanna get a puppy after we return from honeymoon.

The dog we' re getting isn' t that active, but we will take it for regular walk etc. I am just worried that we won' t be home till after 17h00 every day and though of taking the puppy to a daycare during the week. I really love dogs, can' t wait to get one, but just scared that it will not get all the attention it needs. Although I am sure it will.....we will never just leave the dog outside 24/7....

Can we get one or will the dog be depressed?

I agree with Maria, both about asking the Cybervet forum ( gosh, it seems some other experts are falling like flies ! Sexologist, ADHD, and now Cybervet ! ) And about considering 2 puppies so they can be company for each other, and spend happy days chewing your shoe collection together

Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/28

I think you' ve got the wrong forum, maybe try CyberVet? I know the expert there does not answer any more, but there are some very knowledgeable pet owners who chat.

Can' t you get two puppies, then they can be company for each other while you' re not home? There is nothing worse than a dog howling the whole day because it is scared and alone while it' s owners are out working.

Reply to Maria