Posted by: Sweetness | 2008/08/15

Am I infertile

I had endometriosis removed twice, FS said my tubes got scared and needs IVF&  it did not work. Went to another Doctor, sent me for exray to test tubes and said there is nothing wrong with tubes and suggests I change my diet (Glucose level). Tried and married for almost 3 years, still no child. Should I give up and accept that it is not happening or can I go somewhere else?

Dear Sweetness

Usually the results of the X-rays are less reliable than if a Laparoscopy has been done. It is not clear whether your fertility specialist made the diagnosis of endometriosis and tubal scarring on the basis of a laparoscopy. Should this be the case then that would be the more reliable of the two diagnostic procedures and I would certainly consider IVF in the future.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim