Question
Posted by: On behalf of my mom | 2007/05/24

AM I GOING TO LOSE HER

This is not really a gynaecological problem, its just that i feel and trust that thru gynaedoc i can be able to help my mom. She suffers from diabetes, fluctuating blood pressure, problem with teeth, and probably also stress. My mom raised 5 kids alone, she's having fnancial problems, but she was able to bring us up to this point alone. She used to be a very happy person and most of the time i think she tried to keep the pain inside to herself and now its all coming out. She is very sick, she has lost a lot of weight, we basically communicate over the phone and today as i could hear from her tone that she is really sick and lonely and unhappy, i asked myself what was happening and she said mom is not OK. She was at some point this sick last year, in ICU for 2 weeks and now i feel like...
Please advice, what can i do just to keep bring back happiness in her life.

Perhaps CyberShrink will be able to give you some advice.

6
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/05/29

My Grandparents have been living in a Retirement Villiage for quite some time now and I agree with what Natasha says, about people being dumped at old age homes and forgotten about. The parents that gave them life and everything after that are just dumped. It really makes me feel so depressed. We make a point of visiting my grandparents at least every week. We are a very large family and thankfully most of us live in the same town so there is always someone that picks them up and takes them to their places and then all of us get together for a visit.

I have so much respect for people who take in their parents to live with them. I think it is wonderful!! God bless you!!!!

My Parents are now 54 and 51 and both still working and happily married. My Grandmother passed away in July last year and my Mom is suffering terribly. We all are, but it seems to affect my Mom alot more than expected. She is currently on meds and seeing someone on a regular basis and we support where we can. I am getting married in September and we are in the process of setting up house and all that and I can only hope that, when the time comes we are also in a financial situation that we can take in our parents if need be. I think it is only right. Gees, this is actually bringing me to tears.

To ' on behalf of my Mom' good luck to you. My prayers are with you and everyone else who responded to this post.
God bless you!!!

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: twana | 2007/05/25

I am experiencing the same problem with my mother, she is in and out of the hospital. She has lost her hubby. She is going through depression, high blood pressure, diabetic for more than 25 years but now she fell on the floor and she can not walk again. Dr. advice not to make an operation because of the blood pressure that cannot go down and it will take time to heal as she is old.At the moment she has kidney failure heart failure. She is suffering a lot. She told us that she is tired.
But ladies we must stick to the prayer, God should ease their pain.

Reply to twana
Posted by: ????? | 2007/05/25

HI THERE

IF YOU GUYS ARE ALL LIVING ON YOUR OWN, IS IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR ONE OF YOU KIDS TO TAKE YOUR MOM IN?

MY MOM IS 66 AND MY FATHER PASSED AWAY 4 YEARS AGO, SHE IS VERY LONELY, BUT, SHE LIVES WITH MY BROTHER AND THAT MAKES ALL THE DIFF. IN THE WORLD TO HER TO HAVE HER KIDS AROUND.

MAYBE U SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to ?????
Posted by: me too | 2007/05/25

As I am writing now, my mother was also admitted at a rehab for depression. We lost our father last year (cancer) and at the same time mom's younger sister had stroke, she is still paralysed. All three kids are out of home, 1-married,me-working in another province, and younger at university. She basically is alone with her sick sister and our helper, she also has to take care of father's small business. Fortunately, she is aware and knows what to do, so she checked herself at a rehab.

It's very stressful to me as well, I wish I could be with her full time.
All the best to you and your family, just letting you know that you are not alone.

Reply to me too
Posted by: On hehalf of mom | 2007/05/25

Thanks for the advice. The only thing that makes me worry even more is that my mom is not that old(age 44), she's the youngest in her family and unfortunately also happens to be the financially unstable one, so she and my sisters still live in my granny's house, now because of that her sisters and brothers treat her with low respect and i think this is part of the depression.

I'm currently working, but not earning enough to get us a home, basically there's nothing i can do at this point to better the living arrangement. But what can i possibly do just to make her happy...

Reply to On hehalf of mom
Posted by: Natasja | 2007/05/25

I`m no expert,but i`ve been working at a Retirement Village for about 4 years.i see this everyday.

And it`s sound tipically like lots of widowed or other old lady here.I personaaly think it`s depression ,because of lonelyness.Some of these lady`s children come very seldom sometimes only once a year to visit them.They`ve been busy all there lives with their husband or raising children ,now suddenly in older age they don`t know what to do with themselfs. And most if not all are diagnosed with depression, and that causes a lot of other health problem.They are sick all the time aswell. My mother in law does`nt live here,but she raised her son alone aswell, and since he left school and sarted working and now married and has his own life, she is having more and more "health" problems,cries over "nothing".
And i feel it`s due to the fact that she does`nt have a purpose in life anymore,lonely and needs attention ,and once a year she gets so sick thats she lands in hospital,and goes about once a month to the doctor with something, i think to get the pampering that she doesn`t get elsewhere!!!

My point is that you children should visit lots of times and she should come and visit you and maybe she should get some hobby or something to keep her bussy.I see it here in the village all the time,and i feel so sorry for the old girls

Reply to Natasja