Question
Posted by: tan | 2007/03/22

am i doing enough excercise?

I am 27 years old and weigh 49kilos, i am however short 1,5 mts and petite. my weight in my early twenties always ranged from 42 to 45kilos while eating whatever i wanted and not excercising.

a week ago i started doing twenty min on my stepper five times a week and also 100 sit ups, 100 glute excercises and fifty push ups as i want to tone up and also lose a little (about 3 to four kilos)
I need something regular and something i can fit into my day otherwise i know i wont do it. also i have cut down on fat and suger and am following a healthy diet.

is this enough to help? i dont expect it to work instantly but i do feel a bit better already.

Hi Tan

It's a start, for sure. It's difficult to predict how your progress will go and even more difficult to say what you should be aiming for from a weight loss point of view. Your current mass is not high, it's in the normal range and so that's not a huge priority for you. I would say that in your early twenties, you were probably a little underweight and now you are in the ideal range. It may be possible to lose one or two kilograms, but more likely, you will increase your lean mass from training and so your weight may even go up ever so slightly. That's not a bad thing, though, I would encourage you to ignore the scale and just go with how you feel.

If you want to create more time, what I would do is a little more cardio and cut down on the number of exercises you do. You only need 50 of each, not 100 and that will spare substantial time

So keep this up and see how it goes, and then you will see further progress, hopefully.

1
Posted by: tan | 2007/03/22

just measured myself am actually 1,48metres tall.

Reply to tan