Question
Posted by: missy | 2008/02/01

am i diabetic??

HI Doc normaly I drink 2 teaspoon of sugar per cup (2 cups per day) , but lately 2 tsp is too sweet for me . even the sugar in the fruits tastes too sweet . I cant even finish a normal size mango .what could be the cause ?could I be be diabetic ?and I DONT consume a lot of sugar since Im on a healthy diet , no chocolates , biscuits or even fizzy drinks too often .

Dear Missy
The fact that 2 t of sugar and some fruits taste too sweet is not an indication of diabetes. Your taste could have changed due to various factors - for example taking certain medications can cause taste changes. If you find that other taste perceptions are also changing then it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup. In the meanwhile, stick to your healthy diet as it can only benefit your health.

1
Posted by: Syd | 2008/08/20

What causes sugary taste even if I did not drink sweetner etc

Reply to Syd