Question
Posted by: bell | 2007/02/20

am i depressed

HI guys

Hope you all o.k. Well heres my story, i always here this word depressed, depression and so much more and always go on my knees and thank god im a happy person and stay positive mostly. But for some reason i have found myself in a position the last few months that i need advise on. I am overseas and im in a job thats not me and the family i work for is really differant to what im used too. I find myself now crying all the time, missing home, I have lost the need to clean up, im always sick and iv lost lots of weight. Im just so unhappy, and want to resign but dont want to let these people down.

Am i depressed......I feel so sad.

Bell

Depression, as an illness, is when we feel depressed and sad for no apparent reason, or out of all proportion to any potential reason. Being alone, in an unfamiliar country, in a job one doesn't like and which has been disappointing compared to what you expected, one feels lonely, homesick ( above all ) and sad. And maybe you're not bothering to eat properly. So this is unpleasant, but not necessarily Depression as such, and would probably be much better helped by some personal counselling, than by medication