Question
Posted by: tammy | 2006/10/24

Am i depressed?

Hi there, i have had a year full of tragedies(i lost loved ones, i was involved in a terrible accident and i have been sick most of the time) and i think i am battling to get back to where my life was or at least grow from the experiences, BUt is seems as if i am loosing it. I am alwasy tired(though i go to gym 4 times a wk), I cannot focus(i'm loosing concentration) and i am battling to finish tasks i have started.I get upset easily, phew..i dont even enjoy my job anymore. What can i do to solve all this?Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

You could certainly be suffering from depression, although there might be other causes too. It would be very helpful to see a therapist. I suggest asking CyberShrink for some advice on this. Whatever the underlying cause, you need to take care of your general health: get regular exercise and enough rest, follow a nutritious diet and watch those stress levels. You can find lots of useful articles on these areas in our Diet, Fitness and Mind sections; you may also wish to post a query to DietDoc or FitnessDoc.