Question
Posted by: Goddess | 2006/04/19

Am I depressed?

I have always though of myself as a confident and happy person, and so has everyone else. Lately I've been so negative about everything, life, love(if there is such a thing) and everything else. I feel like I want to run away and hide from everyone and everything, even myself. I have become sinical and sarcastic, where I used to be bubbly and friendly. Am I bordering on depression?

Could be you are approaching a Depression ; or there could be other factors to these reactions, relating to other events in your life. Why not see a good local shrink for an assessment, to see if any intervention might be a good idea ? The distinction that may need to be made, could be between Depression, depression, and sadness / boredom / frustration

1
Posted by: Dittohead | 2006/04/19

Yeah, well if you are depressed you will lose interest in old hobbies and most things in lif, I've been there. You might also find yourself feeling sleepy too. I found getting a new hobby helped for me and helped me with unhappiness.
Good luck!
But mostly you need to see a therapist to do a full evaluation of your condition if we can call it that. :)

Reply to Dittohead