Question
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/11

Am i cuckoo now??

CS = Remember my cuckoo mom??

Well she disappeared for 10 hours on Saturday. Left her specs at home, cell phones (both) and earrings (she never leaves home without it!!!)!!

When i phoned a buddy of hers, the friend told me my mom had told her she wanted to kill herself on Saturday...so i'm thinking here we go again.....

I ball my eyes out, phoning everyone to find out if they've seen her....and she strolls through the door at about 11pm laughing at me cause she thinks i'm silly!! She says her friend must have been drunk because they had no such conversation!!

So she's laughing, etc. as i think she's a bit optimistic about the future, money problems might improve a bit, etc.

Do you think her change could be for real?? How can i stop myself from overeacting like i did on saturday? As soon as i let my guard down, she pulls the 'I'm gonna kill myself today' stunt.......

I hate being on this rollercoaster with her.....

Dear KC, it's really no more possible for me to tell what's going on in your mom's cuckoo mind than it is for you. The change might be real, and might not. it's not fair, though, for her to pull stunts and leave you on tenterhooks. WOuld a chat to her friend ( when the friend is sober ) help to understand things better ?

2
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/12

Thanks Jemma. It is frustrating....its like having a newborn - you cant leave them unattended!!

But i'm praying for strengh and i hope this time she's for real!! I've also got a gem of a man that is very supportive!!

Reply to KC
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/07/11

Hi KC,

I'm sorry I have no advice for you but I just want to tell you how sorry I feel for you. It must be very hard to worry every second of the day about someone. I hope for your sake that your mother has changed and that she will never do something like that again and I hope you can cope with everything because it must be very difficult.

Good luck.

Reply to Jemma