Question
Posted by: nicky | 2004/11/15

am i being unreasonable here?

I live in capetown and my mother is about to come and visit me for the first time. The problem here is that she doesn't have transport of her own neither do i. So since i live in my brother's house who works and live in johannesburg, he has a car in the Garage which he only use when he comes to Cape town.

The problem is, he refuses to borrow my mom that car , I have persuaded him many times and he refuses? I have asked mom to stay behind, and come when i have my own transport so we can enjoy ourselves, he asked what am i ashamed of? am i being unreasonable here?

Maybe your mom needs to speak to him, and ask him for herself ? You're not being unreasonable at all.

6
Posted by: DD | 2004/11/15

My mom comes around in c-town often, and i do not have a car. i stay in mowbray we normally enjoy walking and using public trans when i take her out.

so there is nothing wrong with you having no car yet.

Reply to DD
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/15

I agree with CK. Your Mom is there to spend time with you. And there is loads of public transport in cape town. And loads you can do together by walking.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/11/15

Ask your mom to come and visit when your brother is also there. Then she can see both of you and then he could show her around.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: CK | 2004/11/15

You dont need a car to enjoy spending time with your mother, use public transport from A to B.

Reply to CK
Posted by: nicky | 2004/11/15

i was going to do that, unfortunately i don't have money.

Reply to nicky
Posted by: M*M | 2004/11/15

Why don't you rent a car?

Reply to M*M