Question
Posted by: May | 2005/07/18

Am i being stupid or just over sensitive?

Yesterday my boyfriend and i went to collect the pizza we had ordered (always order there) and on the way back home i said that the guy who served us and the blonde girl that was cutting the pizza are in fact a couple. Asked me how do i know this and i told him that the few times i have been in there, i saw them kissing ect. He then said everytime i go in there she asks me for my number. I got upset with him and he said i'm just joking around with you, please don't get so upset over nothing. I was then really upset because he knows i have insecurities about our relationship and couldn't believe that he even joked about something like that. Am i being stupid and over sensitive about this?

YOu were indeed being rather oversensitive, weren't you ? See a personal counsellor , maybe a relationship counselling session or two, and let yourself become less insecure.

5
Posted by: Belle | 2005/07/19

Dear May,
It's horrible to feel insecure about someone. I was like you too, therefore I KNOW how you feel. Let me give you really GOOD ADVICE and I hope you take it.
1. Work on your own self image by improving your appearance for yourself. We all feel good when we look good, right?
2. When you and your boyfriend are together, be the person he was attracted to right in the beginning. ASK him what drew him to you, because that is your strong point and build upon it.
3. When you are together, create a good memory of that time together. Forget about other girls, how they look, what he thinks of them. Just be fun to be around with. Make him laugh, hug him often, whisper in his ear that he looks sexy today and that you love him. He will think about it when you are not together!
4. Tell yourself every single morning 10 times that you are beautiful and desirable. And 10 times when you go to bed. Say it silently in your head.
I GUARANTEE YOU SUCCESS. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO, PLEASE?

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/18

You are definitly over reacting. So what if she always asks for his number anyway. He obviously has never given it to her. You should feeli flattered that your boyfriend is admired by many girls. Do you never get hit on? If you do, is it your fault? Should your bf be angry with you?

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/18

Yes, sorry. I think you are. And although he probably loves you madly, if you react - he is going to keep doing it for fun. If you have insecurites go for some counselling to lean how to deal with it as it may cause problems later. Men don't see things the way we do, what is a global disaster to us mayu just be spilled milk to them as well.

You can try telling him later that you are sorry for freaking out, blah-blah - but you will appreciate it if he does not play around like that as well. If you tell him why he should understand

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/18

I also make jokes like that with my gf, and its wrong, i must learn NOT to do that, its stupit. And my gf told me if i make jokes like that i must not moan if she act the way she do, and i agree with her. Like we will watch tv, and there will be an SA model on the tv, and she will ask me "do you know who that is?" i will maybe say "no" Then she will say "Kerry Mcgreggor" and i'll make a joke and say "Hay..ok she look diff with clothes on.. Then she get cross and dont talk to me for half an hour or so...

I know and she know its just a joke, but when i sit down and think about it, its actually very stupit to make such a joke..
So yes, you didnt over react, but let it go now, and tell him not to do it again .

Good luck x x x

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Me | 2005/07/18

Yes you are!

Reply to Me