Question
Posted by: VM | 2005/12/01

Am I being childish here!

I was doing so well today, and now I am in tears.

I posted a little while ago that I was really notlooking forward to my birthday, anyway, I got out of that low and organised a cheese and wine for my family and close friends.

Last year my birthday was the worst birthday ever, it was while my bf ex was still in the country and living with his parents, because my birthday is the day after bf mother, we decided to have a combined birthday, it was on the 3rd (my day) and at their house.

Anyway, long story short, I arrived and no one even mentioned my birthday the bitch never even mentioned to anyone it was my birthday, so everyone bought presents for her and had a fine time. It was awfull.

Now the ex has left and have managed to piece together a very broken relationshi with the mother. My bf called now and said, oh, um, my parents and my sister and her gf wont be coming on sat, they have planned a dinner.

I am so upset and he thinks I am being a bitch and pathetic, I mean,m for once can something just be about me? i was so looking forward to it, and she has managed to trump me yet again, he says they planned this like a month ago. HELLOOOO she knows its my bday on sat. I am in floods of tears and very upset. Am I being stupid?

Hello VM<
Shal I start telling you about MY birthdays ? Like the year I was working so hard on casualty, that I didn't get a chance to even answer the phone on a personal call, until 4 minutes to midnight when one of the family came through to give me their best wishes, and I said "Best wishes for what ?" And they said " Well, it's your birthday, isn't it ? "
If this is the best your bf's parents etc can do, then they're no friends, and their presence wouldn't be desirable. And why isn't HE putting together the part for you ? Must your birthday always be about her ?
*** the lot of them --- have a terrific birthday on your own and with your real friends

8
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/01

Oh man, VM... Ok first don't let this spoil your birthday for you. Keep your head up and try to make the best of a saggy situation. I know what it feels like to have your birthday spoilt.... Good luck...

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: VM | 2005/12/01

He doesn't seem to think its a big dea at all. The only way I can describe it is i feel af geskeep you know.

I dont even want to do anything anymore, its like a third of my little do has been cancelled.

Reply to VM
Posted by: Me | 2005/12/01

No, you are not being childish. It seems to me like your man seems to be a bit inconsiderate! I am married and I expect my husband to stand by me as much as I stand by him. I mean, if you don't have him to depend on, who do you have?

Reply to Me
Posted by: VM | 2005/12/01

It was his ex girlfriend and kid that his parents went over seas, immigrated them here, and had them living in their house, plotting against my relationship all the time, it was a hellish year!

This year his mom and I have made up and tried to get back to where we were before she came into our lives.

Reply to VM
Posted by: VM | 2005/12/01

No, i couldn't mess everyone around now. my mom and sis have confirmed for sat, and my best freinds work christmas party is on the fri.

I just feel like giving the whole thing a skip. Then I said to him, fine but there is no way in hell i am going to her thing on sunday, i am busy. He got cross with me and was like - dont be a bitch, they are not being funny so y r u? He said is my mother not alllowed to celebrate her birthday! I reminded him about last year and he just said that doesnt count it was an fed up situation.

Reply to VM
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/12/01

I'm confused?
You and your ex still friends and you still see his mom?
Why don't you just have a party with your own friends and family??
Please fill me in here??!?!?!
~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

Shame VM, I know it's compromise, but can't you change the date of your function. And next year, phone her first and tell her which date you've booked to celebrate your birthday.

She needs to grow up.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Oh Dear, VM. No, you are not being stupid at all. Can't you try and move yours foward by one day and trump her?

Reply to Frusty