Question
Posted by: Milo | 2007/03/30

Am I being attracted to the wrong guys?

Hi!

Can somebody out there advice me on this one.

I am going out with this guy for 3 months now. he recently told me that his one night stand girlfriend is pregnant, of which i don't believe it was a one night stand, with reasons of course.

On the other hand my ex want us to get back together. We have a child (3 years) together I still love him, but I don't think it will be the right thing to get back together.

Am I choosing the wrong guys or am i attracted to the wrong guys. What is it with me??

He certainly doesn't sound like the Right kind of man for any sensible woman to have a relationship with. And if the pair of them took no precautions, whether on a one-night-stand or a 101 night stand, they're foolish and you won't have lost anything significant if you move on from here. If you have doubts about the wisdom of getting back together with your ex, even if you can't exactly say what these doubts are, its probably wisest to trust your instincts and not get back together. If you feel there is some genuine potential for the two of you working something out ( you and your ex ) why not get into some sessions of relationship / couples counselling before deciding whether or not to get back together ?

4
Posted by: Milo | 2007/03/30

Thank you guys and CS

You know i have always loved this forum because of the honesty of it s people. I guess what is left it's for me to take the right decision.

CS: briefly on what happened with my ex. He got a job 1000km/s away from where I am working. I think both of us didn't take serious measures to work on our long distance relationship. We did not want to sacrifice therefore ended up having serious communication break down and the only time we talk we would fight a lot. We ended up calling it quits, we never tried to fix things. He asked me if he could come over so that we can talk face to face.

Reply to Milo
Posted by: Britty | 2007/03/30

I like Diane's answer and couldn't put it better.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/30

Well, atleast this new guy is being honest with you! But if you still love your ex and he loves you and you think it will work and be a family with him and your child then go for it!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: diane | 2007/03/30

no such thing as been attracted to wrong guys you just need to decide what you truly want out of life and live it. make a decision and become independant dont base your decisions on what other want but decide what is best for you and makes you happy. the current guy is a liar and probably always will be and your ex well you broke up for a reason he probably wont change either. nothing wrong with you but you need to find peace and independance on your own and grown from that.

Reply to diane