Question
Posted by: Sade | 2004/10/28

Am I approaching labour?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and for the last two days I have been feeling nauseous and have thicker discharge. My urine has also changed to bright yellow. Does this mean I could be approaching labour?

These are not symptoms of labour. You could have a bladder infection though.

3
Posted by: Casey | 2004/10/28

If your urine has changed colour and you are nauseous, it could be that you are taking vitamin and / or mineral supplements ... excessively, and maybe these are also making you feel nauseous.
Is your skin itchy?

Reply to Casey
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/28

Are you drinking enough water?

You shouldn't be feeling nauseous, but it might just be discomfort.

When you are about to go into labour, you feel like you do when your period starts - all heavy and grumpy. You mucus plug will come out. The contractions won't interfere with whatever you are doing in the beginning.

The last little bit of pregnancy really feels dreadful.

When you are having 3 in ten minutes its time to go to hospital!

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Norma | 2004/10/28

It could be your body getting ready for labour. Just relax take it easy, and don't worry.

Reply to Norma