Question
Posted by: Dikeledi | 2018/05/22

am i allergic to winter or is it something else

Hi every year winter I get sick. First it starts like flu then after that I don't feel like I have flu, but I cough non-stop. The cough normally comes from my throat, I'm wheezing and have a problem breathing properly. This only happens every winter, no matter how warm I keep I still feel cold inside my bones. This is really staring to get to me, am I allergic to the cold or what? Kindly assist

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/05/22

Virus and bacterial infections are more prevalent in the winter months, Your symptoms sound more like viral upper respiratory infections than an allergy. You cannot be allergic to winter.  Perhaps have a flu vaccination once a year as a preventative treatment.