Question
Posted by: jo | 2005/07/11

Am i a thief

Yesterday I stole R500 from my parents, Ive never done that before, they are wealthy but I know thats not the point. Im a good kid. I respect them and by doing that I broke their trust and disrespected them, worst of all it was to buy booze...

Well, someone who steals things is a thief. And R 500 is rather a lot --- surely your parents are bound to notice, however wealthy they might be ? Don't you need to sit down and discuss this with them, admitting what you did and apologising, and working with them to arange for you to see a shrink for some help --- because if you are a good kid, but felt the need to disrespect and betray them by stealing R 500 for booze, doesn't that rather prove that you have an alcohol problem needing attention ? Keep contact with us on the forum and let us know how things go.

2
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/07/12

How did you feel after taking the money? That should answer your question.

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Debi | 2005/07/12

Why did you take the money? Couldn't you have rather asked your parents. My son is 18 yrs and when him and his friends want to party a little bit, my son asks me straight out "Ma I wanna buy a few bottles of beer or something". He's honest and I go out of my way to buy the stuff for them. Please don't steal behind your parents back 'cos you get away with it and from there on you go onto bigger things. Please be open and honest with your parents.

Reply to Debi