Question
Posted by: Petrified | 2005/01/06

Am i?

I am 18 and on an injectable contraceptive, have been on it for nearly six months. I got raped a few months ago and I pursuaded him to use a condom but i have gained a lot of weight and my tummy is growing, many people say that i look pregnant. i don't have any pregnancy symptoms and i have my period irregullarly. about 3 days before my period i have a dark brown discharge, it doesn't smell but it is thick and there's lots of it, then my period starts and I have small little jelly-like blobs of blood coming out with my period. my period is now 6 days (is this normal?) and i have pain in my knees and ankles and sometimes in my shin. Could i be pregnant? i am terrified that i will have to admit that i have been raped if I am pregnant.

If you were on the injectable when you were raped, you should not have fallen pregnant. The symptoms you describe can all be related to the injection. However, if you were not on the injection at the time of the rape, do a pregnancy test to be sure.

1
Posted by: Norma | 2005/01/06

Sorry to hear that you have been raped, did yuu talk to someone about it. Did a doc do some tests?
I think it's best to see your doc. If you still have your period it's unlikely to be pregnant, but better save that sorry...
See a doc a.s.a.p.

Reply to Norma