Question
Posted by: anais | 2004/03/03

Alzam abuse

what are the withdrawal symptoms from Alzam abuse?

Dear Anais,
If you check out the wite leaflet inside the pack, it should list these. Alzam is Alprazolam, one of the benzodiazepines ( benzos), the Valium family. If anyone has been abusing a benzo, they need to reduce the dose they are taking, but really gradually, and not stop suddenly ( suddenly stopping a sedative can lead even to epileptic fits, confusion, and quite a serious state ). If unpleasant symptoms arise while withdrawing, one should return to the last dose at which the symptoms were not troublesome, and after a day or so, to come back down in dose, but more gradually --- making the amount of dose decrease smaller, maybe a day or more further apart between each decrease. Symptoms commonly seen in withdrawal can look very like the sort of anxiety and panicky symptoms for which one probably started taking the benzo in the first place. However, with really gentle withdrawal, one can become free of the drug and the symptoms.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/15

Hi.I'm on Alzam's 0.5 mg for 18 months now....I'm totally addicted.....I want tooo stop taking them but I'm affraid of the withdrawl symptoms.I'm affraid that I will die of a heartattack or a stroke if I don't drink Alzam's anymore

Posted by: Pandy | 2004/03/04

Hi I remember seeing this site for Alzam - have a look, hope it helps - http://home.intekom.com/pharm/pfizer/alzam.html

Reply to Pandy