Posted by: Worried | 2008/06/30

Always Worried

Dear Cybershrink
I feel really depressed at the moment, have suffered from depression since I was 14, am 27 now, I do take meds but dont think they are working anymore. Even though I have a fully paid off house with a business running from it for 5yrs, I am constantly worried that the business will fail and I will be broke, rationally i no that isnt very likely but it honestly consumes my life and Is all i think about. I am a single mother and I think that worrying about supporting my daughter also contributes to my depression. How can I help myself? Are there any books that I could read to help me to stop worring so much?

SOunds lke there could be some complications rather than just a simple Depression, with maybe some obsessive and anxiety elements, too. DO see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough assessment and discuss treatment options including a different medication and CBT style counselling ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ).