Question
Posted by: Tired | 2007/02/27

always want to sleep

Dear Doc, I am always tired! I go to bed at about 21:30 and wake up at 04:45 - which is a sufficient number of hours that an adult may have. But my problem is that I wake up tired, by 09:30am I am feeling sleep and I literally have to take a nap for about 10 minutes and only then will I be fine! later on during the day I must take another 30minutes nap but still I am exhausted. I am in my late twenties - what's wrong with me? I don't believe in taking vitamins but do you think i should take some or I should just see a Doctor with regards to this matter? All this happens at work, and I don't work straneously or anything hectic like that!!! If I didn't know better I swear I would say I'm pregnant but I am not! Please help.

Dear Tired
Yes I think you should see your doctor for some basic blood tests. You may have anemia or low thyroid hormone or diabetes or even a blood salt imbalance. Taking a vitamin complex also would not be harmful - try Vitathion, or Burnout.