Question
Posted by: sunflower | 2007/08/21

always tired even though i sleep

Hi CS,

Hope you good. I used to have really bad insomnia especially the year i was depressed. anyway i still struggle with anxiety so decided to stay on cilift even though i went off of effexor. the problem is now i don't have any trouble sleeping in fact i can even take naps. if i decide to sleep i fall asleep after a few minutes. so now instead of staying awake for hours i strugglle to get up.

i was underweight for two years but picked up 6kg in the past 8 months but i eat alot more anh healthier too. if i sleep beyond 10:30 the next day i am not alert and towards the end of the day i have the mother of all headaches. i've been on cilift for over a year. what gives? is this normal? should i be asking the cyber doc this question?

Sleeping too long can make one sluggish, as much as sleeping too little. And many of us find that over-sleeping can cause headaches. I don't think the year-long use of Cilift should be associated with the headaches, and while it usually reduces the insomnia of depression, it doesn't generally make one quite so soporific. Have you check with your doc / shrink as to whether there's a good reason for you to stay on the Cilift at this time ?